Career Opportunities at CAIR-TX, DFW Chapter
CAIR-DFW is excited to announce that we are welcoming applications for three positions: Legal Assistant, Communications Director, and Community Development Coordinator. Join the team that works tirelessly to educate, advocate, and mobilize on behalf of the Muslim community in DFW. Career opportunities at CAIR-DFW offer professionals a great opportunity to be on the front-lines of grassroots non-profit work in the critical field of civil rights and social justice. To apply please submit the application online by clicking here.
Government Affairs Coordinator
Position: Full-time salaried
The Council on American-Islamic Relations is the nation’s largest Muslim civil rights and advocacy organization with chapters across the country. The national headquarters is located on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C.
CAIR-DFW is seeking a full-time Government Affairs Coordinator. This position will report to CAIR-DFW Executive Director.
- Coordinating interns and volunteer teams for government affairs activities
- Maintaining contact database and develop procedural manual for roles and responsibilities
- Coordinating targeted non-partisan political advocacy campaigns for identified project cities.
- Building relationships and regularly meeting with elected officials to advocate for civil/human rights legislation.
- Work with other departments, staff, and volunteers to set up in-district meetings, forums, and town hall meetings Promoting civic engagement in the Muslim Community (voter empowerment activities)Working with other departments, staff, and volunteers to organize statewide and national government relations programs such as Texas Muslim Day at the Capitol, Muslim Youth Leadership Program and National Muslim Advocacy Day in D.C.
- Preparing scorecards and voting guides on local and state-wide issues.
- Developing action and awareness campaigns around issues relevant to CAIR’s government affairs policy agenda.
- Other duties as assignedAll CAIR staff are required to assist in general duties such as answering phones, weekly outreach, fundraising, and other office tasks.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science or related field
- 2 to 4 years of experience, post-graduation
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills; Highly motivated, self-initiating and energetic
- Experience working with non-profit organizations and Muslim community desired
- Must have the capability to work on multiple projects or tasks at a time
- Excellent oral and written communication and managerial skills to interface with media professionals, community leaders, volunteers, donors, and staff in a professional and efficient manner.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well under on tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment
- Experience with public speaking
- Access to a working vehicle and the ability to drive throughout North Texas for events and outreach
- A strong commitment to civil rights and CAIR’s mission
This position reports to the Executive Director