As an airline passenger, you are entitled to courteous, respectful and non-stigmatizing treatment by airline and security personnel. You have the right to complain about treatment that you believe is discriminatory. If you believe you have been treated in a discriminatory manner, immediately:
- Ask to speak to a supervisor.
- Ask if you have been singled out because of your looks, dress, race, ethnicity, faith, or national origin.
- Ask for the names and ID numbers of all persons involved in the incident.
- Ask witnesses to give you their names and contact information.
- Write down a statement of facts immediately after the incident. Be sure to include the flight number, the flight date, and the name of the airline.
- Contact CAIR to file a report.